In the present times, few things are more desirable for travellers than to avoid airport queues and prevent their bags from getting lost when they travel. Although not impossible, being able to pack everything you need for your trip in just one cabin size bag is a hard task to tackle, and this post is about to give you some good clues on how to do it successfully. Imagine breezing through the airport terminal with your digital boarding pass stored on your phone, having checked in for your flight already, leaving the baggage drop counter behind, clearing security and heading straight to the departures hall where your gate is. That are just some of the joys of travelling with just a carry on or with a backpack only.
Free Knight Ultra-light 35L Packable Pack Style Backpack Stuff Sack for Travel Camping Home Use
from: TOMTOP Technology Co., Ltd
Continue reading below to discover the benefits of packing just one cabin size bag, our hacks to fit everything into a carry on and the maximum hand luggage dimensions allowed by some of the main airlines flying globally nowadays.
Perks of travelling with just a carry on travel backpack
Even if you travel for business, a stylish backpack can be the perfect piece of hand luggage, as opposed to a trolley, which will always be heavier and more difficult to fit into the overhead compartment inside aircrafts. To avoid queues and never leave your belongings unattended, choose to invest in a quality backpack that does not exceed the maximum cabin size dimensions allowed by airlines, is comfortable to carry, anti-theft, easy to organize and multifunctional.
When you search for your ideal backpack for travel, look for those:
- featuring large capacity
- made of water-resistant material
- incorporating USB ports to charge your phone and devices
- with interior compartments or zipped cases for laptops and electronics
- theft resistant
- integrating a safety lock with password.
Best hacks to pack a cabin size bag only before you travel
- Pack the bare essentials for a trip and nothing else; forget about the “just in case” items and all those things that will never get out of the bag.
- Roll your clothes up as tight as you can, or use packing cubes and compression bags if you prefer.
- Instead of packing two or more pairs of shoes, choose one single pair that is multipurpose (like the 24 hour comfort ones, for instance).
- Buy solid toiletries, all-in-one cosmetics (such one that doubles as body gel and shampoo), or plan to use the courtesy ones at the hotel.
- Wear your heaviest clothes or put on several layers to catch your plane: that will surely give you some extra space in your backpack.
Maximum hand luggage size allowed by international airlines
Generally, the maximum cabin bag size allowance around the world is somewhere between 40 cm high, 20 cm wide and 25 cm deep (Ryanair) and 56 cm high, 45 cm wide and 25 cm deep (British Airways), while the allowed weight for hand luggage ranges from 6 to 10 kilograms. Other carry-on permitted dimensions are:
- American Airlines: 45x35x20
- easyJet: 45x36x20
- Lufthansa: 55x40x23
- Emirates: 55x40x23
- Cathay Pacific: 56x36x23
- SAS: 55x40x23
- Avianca: 55x35x25
- China Southern: 55x40x20